Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Pure Desire

I wish the writer in me is able to express my thoughts like the one below. Never mind, till there are people doing it for me. Thanks to T.O.I. writer who has written the beautiful article below, that truly intercepts my feeling...

...
There are four types of people. Most belong to the fourth category. Caught in the net of maya, delusion, they are oblivious of dangers. There are some who have awakened to a higher dimension and are aware of life’s pitfalls. They make sincere attempts to free themselves. They are the yogis. A few, the sanyasis, are able to free themselves. Rare is the person who, even while living in the world, remains out of it - ever free, the nitya mukta, the jnani.
...
A jnani is a dynamic actor but maintains his objectivity right through. He thinks “I do nothing at all” while actions are going on.
...
Renunciation is not life denying, it is life enabling.
...
A sportsperson, for instance, who turns his back on the trophy gets the trophy and enjoys the celebration.
...
Renunciation is not keeping away and living a life of seclusion. It is learning to live a life of inclusion by weeding out that which comes in the way of a fulfilled life. Ultimately, renunciation opens the doors to realisation.
...

Complete extract at below link:

The question I have after reading this and anyone may have, is how do I get there? I think only a pure desire is enough to take us there. Desire to reach the level of Jnani and feel the joy of this beautiful world created by HIM.

1 comment:

Loving Life said...

Hi Riju,

After reading your lovely post I was inspired to jot down my thots though I believe its been a while since you originally put your thoughts..As with everything it does take practice, and delibrate focus on our part to give our undivided attention to our desire, as they say its the journey not the destination which keeps one going.. By delibrately choosing thoughts which align us with our desire...one gets there..desire keeps the energy flowing..it is necessary for evolving and growth!
My 2 cents..hope it helps!